- Acceptable Use of the Site.
1.1 General Use Rules. The Site is intended for individuals seeking job opportunities and for employers seeking individuals for positions. You may use this Site only for lawful purposes within the stated context of the Company’s intended and acceptable use of the Site. The Company is the sole interpreter of the Site’s intended and acceptable use.
1.2 License to Use by Users who are Jobseekers. The Company hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Site only for your personal use seeking employment opportunities for yourself. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the information on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. As your use of the Site is a privilege, the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate that privilege for any reason at any time, in its sole discretion.
1.3 License to Use by Users who are employers. The Company hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Site only to seek individuals for positions in your business. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the information on the Site solely for your personal use directly related to using the Site for the purpose of searching and recruiting candidates. The Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access and use at any time if the Company determines that you are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Prohibited Uses.
2.2 Specific Prohibited Uses. As a User you agree you will NOT:
- impersonate another person, living or dead;
- post any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not about you;
- post any franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership", distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity which requires an up-front or periodic payment, pays commissions only (no significant salary), requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity;
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this site;
- take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Site’s infrastructure;
- disclose to or share your password with any third parties or use your password for any unauthorized purpose;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site;
- aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the materials or information available from the Site;
- frame or link to any of the materials or information available from the Site;
- use copyrighted material (unless you own the copyright or have the owner's permission to post the copyrighted material);
- provide information that infringes on or misappropriates any other intellectual property rights, or violates the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- communicate anything that is sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, or hateful or anything that is embarrassing or offensive to another person or entity.; or
- make any unauthorized commercial use of the Site.
2.3 Specific Conduct Rules:
- You may not respond to postings by other Users in any manner or for any purpose other than that which is expected (i.e., to apply for the job or to initiate further discussion with the candidate). Communications soliciting the employer's business by our competitors are prohibited.
- You may not send unsolicited commercial email to Users.
- You are responsible for protecting your password and maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You are responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. If others use your password to post inappropriate material on the Site, you risk losing your access to the Site. You agree to notify the Company immediately of any change in information or any unauthorized use of your registration and password.
- You will report inappropriate postings or conduct to the Company.
- The Company is under no obligation to monitor the conduct of its Users, but it may investigate and respond when violations are reported.
2.4 Specific Security Rules:
- Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation:
- accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- attempting to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding", "mailbombing" or "crashing";
- sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
- Violation of these Specific Security Rules may result in civil or criminal liability. The Company will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
- User Information.
3.1 Information provided by you must contain sufficient detail to convey clearly to a User the nature and requirements of the job opportunity, or your qualifications as a candidate for employment. Information or messages that encourage a User to "email for more details" are not permitted. Information from any third party charging a fee or restricting complete access to all resume information are prohibited.
3.2 Resume postings must contain the accurate resume of a living individual seeking employment on a full-time, part-time, or contractual basis on his or her own behalf.
3.3 The Company may disclose to third parties, on an anonymous basis, certain aggregate information contained in your registration application. The Company will not disclose to any third party your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number without your prior consent, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or in legal proceedings where such information is relevant.
- The Company’s Liability.
4.1 User acknowledges that:
- the Site acts as a venue for employers to post job opportunities and candidates to post resumes and does not screen or censor the listings offered;
- the Company is not involved in the actual transaction between employers and candidates;
- the Company is not to be considered to be an employer with respect to your use of the Site and the Company shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made, made by any entity posting jobs on the Site;
- the Company is not an employment agency or a recruiting firm, and makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness or timeliness of the Site in meeting the employment objectives of Users;
- the Company does not guarantee that Information posted by Users will result in candidates being hired or positions being filled, and is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made, made by any User;
- the Company has no control over the information provided by other Users, including, the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or resumes posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings;
- the Site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Company makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Site;
- there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses; and
- nothing on the Site shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty with respect to any User or third party, whether in regards to its Web site, products, services, hiring, experience, employment or recruiting practices, or otherwise.
4.2 User agrees that:
- you assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Site;
- you release the Company (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (contractual and extra-contractual, actual and consequential, direct and indirect, punitive) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes; and
- you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume or material contained therein placed by you on the Site. Employers are solely responsible for their postings on the Site.
- Discussion Boards
When participating in a discussion board, never assume that people are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated. SeniorsforJobs.com cannot be responsible for the content or accuracy of any information, and will not be responsible for any reliance or decisions made based on such information. When using a discussion board, you may not post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any information, materials or content that does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of the particular forum or chat room. Use of a discussion board for commercial purposes of any kind is strictly prohibited. Please note that SeniorsforJobs.com reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of these Terms and Conditions. Use of and/or participation in connection with any discussion board shall indicate your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- Intellectual Property Rights.
- Limitation of Liability.
7.1 No Warranties
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE INFORMATION RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
THE SITE AND INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
7.2 Disclaimer of Consequential Damages.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER FOR BODILY, MORAL OR INFORMATION INJURY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACTUAL OR EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
7.3 Maximum Liability
The aggregate liability for the Company to you for all claims arising from the use of the Site is limited to $10.
- Links to Other Sites.
The Site contains links to third party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by the Company of the contents on such third-party web sites. The Company is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party web sites. If you decide to access linked third party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
- Commercial Use
No discussion board or other areas of the seniorsforjobs.com site may be used by you for any commercial purposes such as to conduct sales of goods and services of any kind. You must obtain our prior written consent to make commercial offers of any kind, whether by advertising, solicitations, links, or any other form of communication. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not resell or link to other sites for any commercial purpose whatsoever. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the seniorsforjobs.com site and barring such violators from use of the SeniorsforJobs.com website. We reserve the right to block access to SeniorsforJobs.com website by any user known or reasonably believed to be utilizing automated means to process commercial uses (including sale of goods and services).